Friday, February 15, 2019

Nicht wirklich lang

I'm getting back into swaps and here is a journal I recently made with a Labyrinth theme. I picked papers in my partner's favorite colors and added one of her favorite quotes to the front; "It's only forever, not long at all". 


 She lives in Germany so I added the German translation to the back as well. I looked up the German song lyrics instead of using a direct translation; "Es ist nur für immer, nicht wirklich lang".


And here is a detail shot of the binding. I love this kind of journal because each signature (section) has a colored paper cover and you get a glimpse of all the colors together on the side. I also like to have a way to keep the journal nicely closed and chose a lace-like ribbon for this one. 


No comments:

Post a Comment