Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Masterboards

I'm addicted to masterboards! I first learned about them from some swap friends and this link: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=457700.0 but there are a lot of other examples and tutorials out there. A masterboard is basically a layered mess intended to be the background for future projects. I made a bunch using paper bags, envelopes, scrapbook paper, and cardstock as the base then added paint, stamping, sharpies, torn book pages, tissue paper, and so on. I haven't been very consistent with photographing my masterboards but here are the pictures I have saved to my computer.

The inside of a security envelope (usually mailed with bills) has a nice background to start:


Tissue paper layered with stickers and paint on top of a paper bag:



Some paper bags layered with mostly paint using objects found around the house as stamps:






Sometimes I only add a little:


And sometimes I add a lot (layers of newspaper, book pages, spray ink, and more!):






And here are a few that I made with scrapbook paper as the base:




Most of them look like a great big mess but once they are cut smaller it easier to see their potential! A  lot of these have since been cut into smaller sections and sent to other people around the world to use for their projects. 


No comments:

Post a Comment