Friday, February 22, 2019

Fabric Covered Art Journal

I made this fabric covered journal for a swap:


It was fun adding the lace detail and the bright colors of the fabric were fun to work with. I ended up serging all the edges and I really like how it turned out. I added a lace bookmark and a button & elastic closure. 

Bonus, the fabric folded over creates pockets inside the cover:


I filled it with different colored paper, foreign text, etc to give it more personality and dimension when used as an art journal.

I was really happy with how this one turned out. It's different than most of the journals I've made. I machine stitched all the pages in place and had a little disagreement with my machine with the last batch of pages... but all in all they are nice and snug and it should hold up well to being used. 

Since making this one I was inspired to make a few other similar journals for myself that I will share later ;) For now, here are some extra pictures :)


Back cover:


Detail close-up:


No comments:

Post a Comment