Saturday, February 16, 2019

Washcloths

Oh-so-fancy! Or at least useful ;) 

I made a few washcloth sets some years ago with a sewing machine, but now I have a serger (and I'm completely obsessed with using it) so these are extra fancy! I cut 8" squares from flannel and terry cloth material, serged the sides, tied off & buried the thread, and voila!


Incase you're dying to see the underside ;)


The towels I made a few years ago were bigger, but I like this size better. My set has come in very handy around the kitchen and now that we have a baby in the house I find myself using the soft flannel side for washing his little fingers and then I can use the terry cloth side for other cleaning. 

I love having a serger! I find myself serging just about anything I can get away with now. But I'm not a fan of threading the darn thing so I've taken to not re-threading if it can be avoided, hence nearly everything I've been making has multi-colored edges. 

No comments:

Post a Comment