Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Jellyfish Midori-Style Journal

I rarely make things for myself so this is a treat! After being introduced to the Midori style journal by a swap partner I decided to spoil myself and make one for me too! I pulled out some fabric I've been hoarding and here it is:

I love this jellyfish fabric someone gave me but I only had a little piece to work with. I knew when I got it that I would have to find something extra special to make with it :) And I love how well it pairs with the green fabric I used on the spine.

I bought some rainbow cord but wasn't happy with having one layer (that didn't show off all the colors) so I braided the outside cording. I also added this neat button from my stash:


I made an extra pocket for the inside front cover that fits my small calendar perfectly:


I used an extra strip of green fabric on both sides in part because it's pretty but mostly because I miss judged the size and wanted more fabric on the inside. Here it is showing off the first notebook signature made from an old calendar:


Other side of the signature and another one I made:


I really spoiled myself because that's a calendar page I've been holding onto for a while, I love that picture! And it's fitting to be in a jellyfish journal :) 

Last signature and he back cover:


Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment